Blackberry Enterprise Server MDS and HTTPS
Here’s a little gem of a problem I ran into a while back and ended going through O2 and then on to RIM before we managed to find a resolution.
We had an issue where the MDS instance on or BES simply would not forward SSL (port 443) traffic on to our internal servers. Using Wireshark we could watch any SSL traffic from any of our devices (Bold, Curve, Pearl and Torch) hit the MDS as 443 and get forwarded on as HTTP (port 80). We could also see the traffic hitting the MDS as 443 in the MDAT logs. This stumped us, our O2 support and also RIM for quite a while, fortunately the fix was pretty easy!
Make sure your BES is running on at least 5.0.3 MR3… that’s it! MR3 fixes the HTTPS browsing issue, I like easy wins!
The one other thing I had to do was make sure that the certificates have been added to the MDS keystore (see Blackberry KB11623).